Yesterday, we had another cleaning job to do… the fans, which we wanted to use inside the chassis and on the radiators, had already been in use in a different project. As a result, they were very dusty. And with some, the label in the middle was beginning to peel off.
Here is our complete stack of red Phobya NB-eLoop fans:
The great thing about the NB e-loops is that the rotor blade and the rubber buffers in the corners can be removed easily.
Therefore, we could clean the parts easily with a brush, compressed air and dishwashing liquid. After that, we applied a drop of oil on the axis, so they would run smoothly again…
We peeled off the labels in the middle very carefully and used some simple UHU to glue them back on.
Now, all fans are ready to be used in our current project.
Thanks, yesterday we continued with the pump... We have always made good experiences in previous projects with the DDC pump, so we decided to use one in this project as well. The only problem with the DDC is the blue and yellow wire, which is not exactly beautiful for the eye.
Here we have already dismantled the original housing.
The wires are soldered directly on the PCB – so our soldering station was used once again. All three litz wires should be replaced by uniform black ones.
In order not to confuse the three litz wires later, we have dipped the ends of the new ones into blue or yellow color. This marks them clearly when we cut the wires to the required length and install a new molex plug later on.
After a small compulsory break – parts of Archangel’s apartment were being repainted – we could continue with our PC project. Now, we were finally turning to the installation of the water cooling components. At the chassis front, we had a planned to have a 360-radiator with 6 fans. The reservoir (Heatkiller Tube with DDC-pump) should be mounted on the inside of the middle fan. We had tried this at the beginning of the project – now it was getting serious.
Since it is quite narrow in the chassis, we had to think about what to install when. First, we assembled the Heatkiller Tube completely, including the brackets to screw it directly on a 120er fan. We also put on the fittings for the tubing.
The mounting kit from Watercool makes it easy to mount the reservoir on top of a radiator as you can see below. We also installed the flowmeter on the left. From there, a tube will go up to the GPU.
The complete setup measures 18 centimetres in height.
We aligned the inlet on the top of the reservoir with the CPU cooler, so that the tube will pass beautifully straight through the chassis. However, we had to do this before we screwed the radiator in, because otherwise we could no longer reach the screws of the reservoir bracket to loosen them.
Here, the first tubing is done – from the pump directly to the radiator.